Sunday 19 June 2011

Web Design Templates


Steven asks…

How do you charge for a web design template that is going to be applied to over 100 sites?

Long story short, a company wants me to make a template that will be applied to over 100 sites. Should I charge per site, an initial fee then a small fee per site, or just one price for all?

admin answers:

What is your client going to accept?
Who retains the rights to the work? If they do, then you can't really charge per site in the future, as the template is theirs and not yours.
If the bid is already in place, and you retain the rights, then charge per site.
If you're bidding against others, there's a chance they won't buy your service, or they own the final product, I'd say one price for the template, as nobody likes to deal with maintenance fees when extending their web presence. This is probably closest to billing by the hour.
Charles asks…

How come when I upload a downloaded web design template, the website has no style when published?

When I previewed it on notepad it was perfect but when I published it, the background was white, the links were purple, and the font was black. In other words no style.
I'm not familar with css. Also what is the directory? Thanks.
I am using Bullet Proof FTP Client 2.45. I am uploading this to a domain I bought through GoDaddy.
Do youe mean that I have to upload the file named "style" to /public_html/ ?

admin answers:

Make sure that the css file is uploaded to the same directory.
It will be the file that ends with .css and is called a 'cascading style sheet'
without it, a lot of your style will not appear.
If it has been uploaded, look through your .html until you find a line that says something like
make sure that the filename that href= points to is the name of the .css file.
Good luck, If you get stuck edit this question with details and i'll be back later to help.
EDIT: what method are you using to publish your site? Are you placing it somewhere on the internet?
If you need help, you can IM me, my yahoo screenname is my answers name.
Thomas asks…

web design application and templates?

Hi,
Can anyone suggest a a good web design application for windows for a complete beginner but not front page.
Also anywhere I can get free templates etc.

admin answers:

Build your own professional looking site quickly and easily with do-it-yourself website builder, Ad free hosting, Social networking tools like Facebook, Twitter integration, Add 3rd party content like Youtube, Myspace video, Google maps.
1. Http://www.moonfruit.com?cc=407902
2. Http://www.yola.com/
3. Http://www.webs.com/
4. Http://www.wetpaint.com/
Mandy asks…

Were a can find good web design site templates?

admin answers:

Try http://www.templatemonster.com/
Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments: