Search engine optimization positioning is not a task to be taken for granted because the key to getting it to work is to do everything correctly and, even when this is done there is no guarantee at all that optimizing your site will bring success.
The internet is a powerful resource but even its reach can be limited if you do not use it to its full potential. By having a site you indicate that you see the ability to connect with billions of prospective customers globally, but they must first be able to access your products or service to become actual customers. Since many people want information at their fingertips you want to make sure that should your site be listed among search results, it surfaces among the top options or it may never be visible.
This is where search engine optimization positioning, also called SEO positioning, gets involved in your marketing process. SEO position is what determines where your site falls on the list of results generated by the search engine (SE). To put it simple, when a SE (take Google for example) is used to search for keywords, a list of links is retrieved. The pages compiled may match all or parts of the keywords used and the SE will often rank pages starting with those it deems most relevant based on page descriptions or keywords.
Search engine optimization positioning depends largely on how you go about optimizing your site, so if you fail to get this right then you have essentially damaged your PR strategy. SEO optimization at its simplest will require keen attention to details and precision.
You will need to:
1) Have good, simple content.
2) Come up with easy and descriptive page titles.
3) Consider the type of heading chosen to avoid getting penalized by SE's. Ideally h1-h6 tags should be used.
4) Ensure you have user friendly URL's so search engines actually include you in relevant searches.
5) Use real headings (#3), regular paragraphs and simple lists to make sure you are accessible. You have to do this so your site can be found by SE's.
6) Be smart about the search engines and directories you choose.
7) Get people to link their sites to yours.
8) Avoid penalties or being blacklisted from search directories for including the wrong things on your site.
9) Decide if framing your pages is smart since this can remove links and leave pages incomplete if not skillfully done.
10)Choose whether descriptions or tags are better and when.
11)Choose browser detection software that won't block SE spiders from accessing your site; your site cannot be read if blocked.
This is clearly not a quick fix option so be careful when approaching. Most web users will choose the top sites (an estimated 80% will pick the top three) hence search engine optimization positioning will be important for raising awareness of your products and services. More traffic equals more business exposure.
Kevin Raad is a SEO expert. For more information on search engine optimization positioning, visit http://www.web-searchengineoptimization.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kevin_Raad
Posted by SEO Doncaster South Yorkshire